Pelco by Schneider Electric announced the release of the new Evolution Mini 360° indoor surveillance camera. With an impressively small diameter of only 4.25 inches (108mm), the Evolution Mini is one of the smallest 360° cameras in the industry, making it a great cost-effective camera for hospitality, education, retail and banking facilities—anywhere a small, discreet, but robust camera is required.
In addition to the new Evolution Mini product, we are delighted to announce that Pelco has extended the warranty period to three years for all Evolution 360° series cameras. And now with availability of the Pelco Endura 360 Viewer, all Evolution 360 series cameras can connect to Endura video management systems. This is in addition to existing connectivity to Pelco Digital Sentry and numerous third party VMS platforms.
“Evo Mini offers a great way for customers to maximize their video security coverage and investment,” said Kevin Saldanha, Senior Product Manager, Pelco by Schneider Electric. “As with all products in the Evolution 360° series, this exciting new joint-venture product combines Oncam Grandeye’s award-winning 360-degree cameras and client-side de-warping technology, with excellent Pelco service and support, product delivery, and warranty fulfillment.”
Suitable for ceiling, wall or table mounted applications, the Evolution Mini is an IP camera with a 5-megapixel sensor and no moving parts. The small unit is designed for quick and easy indoor installations where a professional, small indoor enclosure is required. The Evolution Mini has a convenient surface-mounting design that fully supports IEEE802.3af Class 2 Power-over-Ethernet for installation convenience.
With client-side de-warping and retrospective analysis, customers have the best forensic tool available on the market today. De-warping on the network video recorder (NVR) provides an immersive experience that allows customers to go back in time to retrospectively view the total scene in its original form and then pan, tilt, and/or zoom within the 360-degree image — just like a live image. With this powerful tool, multiple users can view the same image with different perspectives concurrently from a single camera — either live or recorded.
• Constant 360° surveillance, no blind spots
• Ultra-small light weight enclosure ideal for discreet mounting
• No moving parts means silent operation and no wear and tear
• Fully supports IEEE802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE)
• Quick and easy installation
• Minimum illumination 0.2 lux, providing clarity in low light
• Onboard Micro SD card and advanced event management
• Micro SD card slot for future local recording feature and advanced event management
• Configurable privacy regions
• Video Motion Detection within defined areas of interest
• Fully integrated with multiple VMS platforms to provide live and retrospective de-warping