NEC Corporation recently announced its selection by the Receita Federal (Brazilian National Tax Collection Agency) to provide NeoFace Watch facial recognition technology for 14 international airports throughout Brazil, including the major hub of Governador Andre Franco Montoro International airport (Guarulhos airport) in Sao Paolo and Antonio Carlos Jobim International airport (Galeao airport) in Rio de Janeiro, in order to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of customs procedures.
NeoFace Watch solution
NEC’s NeoFace Watch solution enables automatic facial recognition through photos, CCTV images, recorded videos and webcams. It can be applied across a wide range of businesses to identify people both for security purpose and in customer relationship management, positioning itself as a flexible platform that aims to meet the needs of companies and governments alike.
For this project, NEC will deliver facial recognition systems that consist of NeoFace Watch software, CCTV cameras, servers and network infrastructure, as well as integration services for Receita Federal’s existing systems and maintenance services.
Brazilian international airports that will adopt the NeoFace Watch solution include:
- Tancredo Neves (Belo Horizonte – Minas Gerais);
- Juscelino Kubitschek (Brasilia – Distrito Federal);
- Viracopos (Campinas – Sao Paulo);
- Afonso Pena (Curitiba – Parana);
- Hercilio Luz (Florianopolis – Santa Catarina);
- Pinto Martins (Fortaleza – Ceara);
- Eduardo Gomes (Manaus – Amazonas);
- Augusto Severo, (Natal – Rio Grande do Norte);
- Salgado Filho (Porto Alegre – Rio Grande do Sul);
- Gilberto Freyre/ Guararapes (Recife – Pernambuco);
- Antonio Carlos Jobim/ Galeao (Rio de Janeiro – Rio de Janeiro);
- Dep. Luis Eduardo Magalhaes (Salvador – Bahia);
- Governador Andre Franco Montoro/Cumbica (Guarulhos – Sao Paulo);
- Cataratas (Foz do Iguacu – Parana).
To facilitate identification of passengers
“NEC’s facial recognition technology was evaluated by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) as the world’s number one in precision and speed of analysis(1). After integration with the Receita Federal system, it will facilitate the identification of passengers who have been registered for suspect activity by the agency, contributing to the improvement of the country’s border controls and, consequently, to the improvement of society in general,” said Daniel Mirabile, president of NEC in Brazil.
This is the first Brazilian government project that utilises the NeoFace Watch solution.